Saturday, March 8, 2008

Tofu Peppers Sauté




It's been a year now since I bought my Soy Milk maker. As Mr.B Commented earlier, I used only four times so far . Thought of making Tofu at home but I didn't have the Coagulant. My friend bought it for me last week. So last weekend I made Tofu at home with soy milk extracted using my soy milk maker.





I made Tofu Peppers Sauté that you can eat with roti or you can make a taco roll.


Tofu Pepper Sauté

Ingredients

Tofu - 1 block
Red Pepper - 1
GreenPepper - 1
Jalepeno - 1
Red Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Corriander
Leaves - 2 tbs Chopped
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder- 1/2 tsp
Corriander
Powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1/4 tsp (optional)

Method :

Cut the Tofu block into cubes. Shallow fry them on a tava, till the tofu are evenly
browned and keep it aside. Take oil in a non stick skillet over medium flame. Add cumin seeds to the pan. Add ginger and onion to the pan and saute the onion till golden. Add the peppers and fry for two minutes till they become soften. I like to have it bit crunchy. Add Chilli powder, Corriander powder and salt . Add Tomatoes , Tofu to the pan and give a gentle toss with the peppers. Garnish with Corriander leaves.

Serve with Roti or Taco.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Nice Picture! but i think preparing home made tofu is really a big job! I don't have that much of patience!! how long the tofu should gt cooked?