Sunday, December 12, 2010

White Pizza with Baby Arugula

My son loves arugula. I grow arugula in my garden during summer and whenever I make pasta, I grab handful of leaves and add it to the dish. For my son, any pasta dish becomes a winner when arugula is added. Recently I bought a pack of organic baby arugula. This time for a change, I wanted to use it as a topping for Pizza, as the dough I made that weekend was lying in the fridge.

I have adapted this recipe from Ina Garten.





Ingredients

Home made Pizza dough
Garlic
Dried Basil Leaves
Olive Oil


Method:

To make Garlic Oil:-

Take olive oil, sliced garlic, dried basil leaves and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan and cook it over low heat. Make sure the garlic doesn't burn. Set this aside.



Toss the baby arugula with lemon, salt and pepper and keep it aside.

Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Stretch the dough into an 8-inch circle. Brush circles with the garlic oil.









Sprinkle the pizzas evenly with Monterey Jack and Mozzarella cheese.





Bake the pizzas for 8 minutes until the cheeses begin to melt. Pull the pizza out from the oven; Sprinkle the seasoned arugula on top and bake for another 2 minutes.



No comments: