Friday, February 21, 2014

Mexican Wedding Cookies






I am hooked to these cookies since my friend gave me this treat for Christmas. Got the recipe from her and I made two batches of these nut-butter cookies yesterday. My friend made them like cute little crescent moons. As it is time consuming , I decided to make just a simple round. It came out really delicious. The best part is that my mom tasted these cookies as it has no eggs.





Ingredients
 Flour – 2 cups
 Butter – 2 sticks (Softened at room temperature)
 Walnut – 1 cup
 Powdered Sugar – 3/4 cup
 Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp



Method:
              Roast the walnuts for a minute or two and ground them in a mixer. Add the ground mix to the flour and mix well.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Cream the butter and sugar(little less than 1/2 a cup) at low speed until it is smooth. I did mine in Vitamix blender in variable mode, slowly from 1 to 4, until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence. Now add the wet mixture to the dry mix. Mix it with a spatula until well blended. Shape the dough into 1 inch balls. Place it on a baking sheet atleast 1 inch apart and bake it for 13-14 minutes. When it is cool enough, roll the cookies in the remaining sugar or sprinkle the sugar over the cookies. Cool it on wire racks.

     Enjoy!








No comments: