Monday, July 9, 2007

Corriander Chutney



Whenever I shop for vegetables, I buy 2-3 bunches of corrainder leaves (whatever the deal is) just to bring them home, leave it in the refrigerator, hardly use a few for seasoning and return to the trash making space for the forthcoming. I never want to waste but those poor little bunches don't get the priority with my busy schedule. Nowadays, none of them go waste, thanks to my mom (who is here with us). She cleans and cuts them as soon as they reach home. So it becomes easy for me to just saute it and make it into mothwatering Corriander Chutney .

Here is the Corriander Chutney recipe.

Ingredients

Corriander Leaves - 1 bunch (Washed/Rinsed well with water to remove the mud/soil)
Red Chillies -7
Tamarind -1 small gooseberry size
Mustard&Urad Dhal-1 tablespoon
Salt to taste

Method.

Cut the Corriander Leaves. Keep oil in a kadai. Add mustard & urad dhal and once it splutters, take it from the kadai and keep it aside.Saute the Red Chillies and Corriander Leaves. Grind both in a mixer along with tamarind and salt. Add the Mustard and urad dhal mix to the chutney and give a quick pulse. Chutney is ready to be paired with Dosas or with Bread.

Notes:
Usually I don't measure the ingredients when I cook. Quantity that I use to make any item is out of my 'andaasaa'. My mom does the same thing. There are two disadvantages with that. You don't get the same consistency every time. you can't give the exact measurements to people who ask for the recipe. So I am practising now to measure the ingredients first and then cook.

No comments: